Careers at Cloughjordan House
Due to continued expansion of the business we have a very exciting role for an experienced chef with the opportunity to grow within the business. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to give input into designing the menu to create wholesome food with locally grown or sourced ingredients. The role provides an opportunity to work in the cookery school adding diversity to your role.
Experienced chef required to work alongside a team of chefs in our busy wedding venue.
Work with local suppliers in sourcing the best of quality and seasonal ingredients.
Assist in creating exciting and inventive seasonal menu’s.
Production of the wedding food, breakfast, group meals and BBQ over a wood fire.
Coordinate with our full-time gardener who produces all the vegetables, fruits and ornamentals.
Teaching group cookery courses at the Cloughjordan House Cookery School.
Assist in menu costing to ensure maximum profit
Manage food stocks and stock taking
Ensure all statutory hygiene requirements are diligently followed
Liaise with the management and FOH team regarding dietary requirements, special requests, VIP’s etc.
A passion for exceptional food and the ability to work well within a team environment
A strong culinary background with banqueting/ event experience
Experience in meeting financial targets, budgeting, cost control and maximising would be an advantage
This role will suit an experienced chef with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar banqueting/catering/event environment
Role starting in April/May 2018. Please apply with your CV and short cover letter to email@example.com before the 19th March, 2018.
We are currently seeking to hire a Kitchen Porter for our busy kitchen.
Duties include the following:-
- Work towards acquiring a full knowledge of all food & beverage policies and procedures in accordance with kitchen hygiene standards and HACCP.
- Maintenance of a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensuring that dishes etc are washed and cleaned in timely manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Uploading equipment and food deliveries.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as required.
- Making sure work surfaces, floors and walls are kept clean at all times
- Ensuring all crockery and cooking utensils are stored on clean shelves and in clean cupboards / drawers.
- Ensuring that all storage areas/storeroom are maintained to a high level of cleanliness and kept in good order.
- To inform the Head Chef when cleaning equipment needs to be ordered, and provision of a detailed list of the same.
- To become familiar with all kitchen equipment and the requirements for cleaning each item.
- Report any faulty, broken or damaged equipment immediately to senior management.
- To ensure you take care of cutlery and crockery when stacking for wash up.
- Flexibility requires, weekends are busiest times.
Role starting in April/May 2018. Please apply with your CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 29th March, 2018.